[arachne] Re: Missing download time

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:53:18 +0000

> That's because v1.95 now gets 'full speed' on cable & DSL
> therefore 99.9% of downloads will be complete before you even have
> a chance to look at the status bar. ;-)

I have the opposite problem with v1.95; after downloading most of a
web page rather quickly - though not nearly at full DSL speed - it
suddenly stops and pauses for about 10 seconds before receiving the
last few bytes. This happens with all kinds of URLs, for example the
Freelists and Yahoo Arachne list archives. It is very annoying.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/