[arachne] Re: INSTALLING AND RUNNING FREEDOS

  • From: Jason <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:10:41 -0500

Brian C. Murphy wrote:

I bought a new laptop in good shape, a Compaq Presario 1200 a couple of days ago with a view to installing and trial runnning FREEDOS. I FDISKED the Compaq using FREEDOS FDISK 121 to establish the partitions and that worked fairly well.

Then I installed FreeDOs FROM the CD using the Compaq's CD drive. The installation was fiddly as hell and took an hour compared to the typical 20 minutes it usually takes me to install PCDOS7-2000 in an empty computer. When I was all done Freedos refused to run. Is this normal with FREEDOS or am I doing something wrong. Replies from anyone who has successfully or unsuccessfull installed FREEDOS would be appreciated.
Never had an issue I can recall. It does take a while to install. I just usually select all the defaults and that's all.
Brian Murphy
BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --