[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTUREDOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:06:45 +0930

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:19:50 -0600, Glenn Gilbreath Jr. wrote:

> But with diskettes it seems anything over a dozen uses or so and the drive
> can't read sector one.  Probably "cheap" diskettes...but that's been my exp
> erience.

I have had many more uses out of mine, but then I regularly reformat
them which AFAIK rewrites ALL the disk, including sector one.

And it is unlikely that I would need to use my archived disks more than
two or three times, usually only when I need to re-install the software.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E