[apt4ssx8] Re: Some clarification on the code

  • From: MC Cason <farmerboy1967@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 21:45:46 -0600

Matt,

I upload to a SVN server in Germany, using the GUI program RapidSVN, which is a fairly painless program to use. I haven't seen, or used any, but there are supposed to be some git oriented GUIs that run in Linux.

--
MC Cason
Associate Developer - Eagle3D, Created by Matthias Weißer

On 01/31/2013 09:04 PM, Matt Shaver wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:13:51 -0600
Jon Elson <elson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DCL is actually pretty self-explanatory.
I looked at the SIMH/OpenVMS option, but I found this which I want to
try first:

http://users.skynet.be/michel.valentin/

It's DCL that runs on linux. I think it will do what is needed, which
really isn't that involved.

I also wanted to say that an earlier characterization of me as having
"mastered" git, is uh... both flattering and overly optimistic :) I
have to look up git syntax almost every time I use it. Still, it's the
"in thing" to use these days, so we should probably go that way. At
least if you use git for everything, you only have to know one system!

Thanks,
Matt