[HG-PBEM] Re: Starting a new lap

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 22:14:17 -0400

> Beginning of post
>
> | K      |
> |      S |
> | B      |
> |     L  |
> |   F    |
> | J      |
>
> End of post
>
> | K      |
> |      S |
> | B      |
> |    L   |
> | F J    |
> |        |

> Hopefully, that helps give a visual image. Jory is now circling Silas on
> the right, hoping to slip back into position.]

> >> By this point, the teams had remained neck and neck, nearly half
> >> through the first stretch of track. Keavy and Billy's Gear were both
> >> much faster than Jory's creating a small gap between Billy and Jory.
> >> Smiling to himself, Silas barked. "Red Two, spread the net!" With that
> >> silas shifted his Gear left, moving in front of Jory.
> >
> > "The net?" Juliette replied, her mind racing on how to activate the
> > thing in sporting mode. Weren't they still in the no-combat zone?
> >
> >> "Damn you, Silas," Jory called out as she threw her Gear past the
> >> redline and swept right trying to slip between Silas and Juliette.
> >
> >> "Juliette, close the gap!" Silas called out.
>
> Leaning her machine and locking the brakes for just a fraction of a
> second, Juliette threw Felix sideways in an attempt to close the gap and
> block Jory's escape. The Sidewinder whipped out in front of Jory's Tiger
> successfully preventing Jory from passing.
>
> "Damn you two," Jory called out at Juliette and Silas. Jory tried to
> maneuver right and then left, but Juliette matched her moves. Silas moved
> back to run just behind Jory as he controlled his Warrior's manipulator
> arm to unhitched the autocannon from its back.
>
> "Good job, Red Two," silas radioed to Juliette. "Keep her there. We're
> almost at the banked turn." Ahead the banked turn and the end of the
> no-fire zone loomed closer.

Keavy checked her tactical displays.  "Stay Frosty back there, Blue Team."
She said over the Comm.  "Jor...uhm...Blue 2  Don't worry so much about
passing.  Let your opponent show you their back and then stick a shell or
two up it.  They may have the lead on you but they now have to keep it while
staying in your firing arc.  Juliet...Red Two wants to sit in your firing
arc then make her regret it, once we're out of the No Fire zone.  Blue 3,
take your time and maneuver.  Priority 1 is to take out Fastlane but if
things start to heat up for Jory, give her a hand."

The girl took a quick glance back.  It looked like Fastlanes Iguana was just
itching to unload on her.  Go figure, Keavy was going to get shot in the
back again.  "How're you doing back there Jory?"  she said over the comm.

Griz