[HG-PBEM] Re: Starting a new lap

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:10:33 -0600
On 14 May 2003, at 1:00, Grizzly wrote:

>> "Shut up and drive, kid," Shamus snarled.  He was fast losing
>> patience despite himself.  He was getting back into the feel
>> of racing, but piloting an underpowered Iguana was throwing
>> him off.
>>
>> With her throttle wide open, Juliette watched as the lead gears
>> continued to pull away. "Come on, Felix," she coaxed quietly. "I
>> want Terry to have to barbeque for me as well."
>
> "Whoa." Keavy muttered to herself.  The sternness in Shamus' tone had taken
> her by surprise.  She was only playing with him but maybe he was taking this
> more seriously than she was.  She was usually thinking of him from the days
> when she followed his races.  She couldn't help but look at him through the
> eyes of a fan, for that what she was.  Whatever burr is in his cockpit,
> Keavy would worry about later.  Right now she was going to throttle up and
> enjoy the track.  "You're a little too grumpy for my tastes right now,
> Fastlane.  I think that I'll take my leave and enjoy the track.  Besides
> there's the Finish line.  By the way Silas.  Do you have any strategies for
> this track?  Any team plays that we should know about?"

"Well, why do you think I'm waiting on you up ahead?" Silas asked
with a bit of pleasurable sarcasm. Standing to the side of the pit
access not far ahead was a Warrior Gear. "Everyone, we're going to
make Terry's challenge just a bit more exciting." The Warrior Gear
started accelerating ahead of the pack. "Activate your sporting
weapons and sensors, Invinciblity Mode. We'll just by keeping score
today. Shamus and Juliette, you're with me as Team Red. Keavy, Billy
and Jory, you play Team Blue." He paused before making sure to
clarify. "And, yes, all track no fire rules apply."