[aodvv2-discuss] Re: RFC 6621 considerations

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:58:15 -0700

Hello Vicky,

On 10/6/2015 1:38 PM, Victoria Mercieca wrote:

So the constraint on sending is independent from what might have been received? What if RREQ_Gen was running 6621 and it decided it didn't need to send the RREQ? I thought 6621 was about whether to resend an identical copy of a received multicast message? Sorry for my confusion, this isn't part of the actual interoperability question. Just can't get my head around it :-/

Well, any *source* of a multicast packet does need to send the message.

If this is really confusing, then we could explicitly say that regeneration of a RREQ does not count as originating the multicast message.

Or if that is not enough, I can write an Internet Draft citing RFC 6621 to explain the difference. If that is desired, please just let me know.

Regards,
Charlie P.