[aodvv2-discuss] Re: [manet] AODVv2 comments

  • From: "Ratliff, Stanley" <sratliff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:56:39 +0000

Whaaaat?!?!?!

Please help me to understand –

1. How would sequence numbers get that far out of sync to begin with?

2. To echo Vicky’s question, how does AODVv2 deal with that?

3. Is there a way to get sequence numbers back into some semblance of
synchronization?

I’m very, very confused… and I don’t skate, regardless of the thickness of the
ice. I just fall down a whole lot.

Stan

OK, but does the principle apply to the 16-bit seqnum too? What I'm getting at
is that if the difference between seqnums is THAT large, the arithmetic would
decide to discard information which actually has a higher seqnum ... but I'm
getting the idea that, as an example (which I didn't actually check), if our
current seqnum is 5 and the received seqnum is 35005 then there are bigger
issues...skating on thin ice as you say below...so in that case does it matter
that the seqnum comparison would result in discarding the incoming info?

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.