[antispam-f] Re: Hi there.... and help!!!

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:14:15 +0100

In article <4e8cfdd5ccmadoka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <madoka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi! Hope this all makes sense.

> For some time now, I have been using a rather ancient version of Antispam
> (1.18) which worked fine. I then noticed that 1.59 had been released, so I
> tried upgrading.

> That was when everything started going wrong. I started getting the error
> message "Too many nested structures in "Test and Trial procedures and
> functions" at line 2870".

That's the first line of the TestTrial file from Dave's versions. Looks
like you mixed things up. Did you follow the instructions in the
StrongHelp manual about moving from Dave's versions to mine?

Too many nested structures is always a memory problem, by the way. Try
increasing the wimp slot.

> I tried dropping back to my previous version, but the problem followed
> me. So I tried killing off A/s entirely and downloaded 1.22, the last
> version of the original vintage. I copied in my original configs and
> rules and, tonight, I ran it for the first time on 170 emails of
> varying degrees of spamminess.

> The original error has gone.

> Now I have a different error, though I suspect it may be related. I now
> have "Too many nested structures in "Library of sockets #defines and
> non-specific functions" at line 1680".

Memory. Increase wimp slot.

Regards,
Frank