[antispam-f] Re: DNS problems

  • From: Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:32:18 +0100

Damn! I spoke too soon last night. I *did* work then ... but this morning
is it back to the problem.

I have repeated the tests below using my ISP DNS servers 212.159.6.10 & 9
and NSQget, and get the same results.

On 20 May, in article <534f005452freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my !NSQ.Settings file (dated 25 Oct 2011 and I think unchanged) there
> are 3 DNSBL entries. I tried each of them from Win7 using NSlookup, and
> from RO using NSGget, prefixed by 2.2.10.154. (which is on the SpamHaus
> BL), and the results were...

>     zen.spamhaus.org    127.0.0.2
>     bl.spamcop.net      not found
>     db.wpbl.info        not found

> This was with both the OpenDNS ones, and my normal DSN servers.

During the stall NSQcache shows:

----  host: 108.9.159.212 - block list lookup
 - address: 212.159.9.108
      time: 10:00:32 21-May-2013
     state: Waiting for answer

So, my question still is: what exact DNS request is AS doing that is
stalling?

Investigations are continuing...
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader