[antispam-f] Re: "Application has gone wrong."

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:50:54 +0200

In article <4f2c04b894GroverR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Rod at Orpheusmail <GroverR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 [snip]

> Before I went away I had had a similar problem with v1.59.7 and then
> with v1.60.a5. When I came back from holiday I had a lot of emails
> waiting to be downloaded and having problems with v1.60.a5 I reverted
> to v1.58.3 which was stable - I had been using it for some time.

> I then experimented with the various versions. I cannot remember the
> exact sequence of events but on some occasions when it crashed I
> swapped to the stable version to download the mail. This is why an
> older version is being started. When it crashed I didn't get the
> "Stopping AntiSpam " message in the log.

Yes, I'd already come to that conclusion.

> I also ran v1.60 (29-09-2007) earlier today and it downloaded all 112
> messages and exited without a problem!

Could be that was just luck. There's a bug in 1.60 which can cause
trouble for anyone using AntiSpam with none of the options from the top
four rows of the Choices window's Scan frame set. Most revisions of 1.59
are affected as well. However, it is possible to run the program with
these settings without experiencing any problems. That is, this bug
isn't always triggered.

> Received, the modified files Frank. I haven't had a chance to try
> them but will tonight (I away again this weekend!).

Revision 1 of version 1.60 will be available later this week. This will
probably include the same !RunImage as I sent you.

Regards,
Frank