[antispam-f] Re: Abort problem with AntiSpam 1.59.1

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:12:59 +0100

In article <4e949e7348Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4e90245da1antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4e9020db7bSteve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 [snip]

> > Removing the UserTests file from your Choices directory may help. Then
> > again, it may not... :-(

> > There are at least two bugs that might cause problems with 1.59.1. I
> > suggest you upgrade to 1.59.5. That *may* also (miraculously) cure the
> > 'abort on data transfer' problem.

> As suggested I downloaded v1.59.5 to replace 1.59.1 but problem persists.
> Removed UserTests file and apparent success as AS then ran to completion.
> However, after a few days of normal working, yesterday's run died
> silently part way through with the same problem. Logs show abort on data
> transfer in <AntiSpam$Dir>.Docs.Defines 1.59.4 24-11-2006 at line 35.
> Same problem different apparent source.

Yes, if you remove UserTests, Defines becomes the program file with the
last line of code.

> The problem for me has only surfaced since I started using 2 maiboxes, so
> I guess that might fit in with re-connecting with the mail server. So
> far, it always works at the second attempt.

There's no definitive answer to this problem. I find it very frustrating
not being able to offer any real help... :-(

Just to make sure this isn't some similar but different problem, is the
address the data transfer abort occurs at always the same?

You use RISC OS 4.39. Is that Select on top of RISC OS 4.0x or the
Adjust ROM?

Does the abort always occur at the same point during the run?

Regards,
Frank