[antispam-f] Re: 1.60a5 error No suitable block list zone

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:31:38 +0100

In article <4ec0123bcbfreelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4ec007e16fantispam@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Actually, it's a message from NSQ, the name server query module.

> Yes, I realised that when I looked at the source.

> > This can happen when the (pointer to the) list of zones to query goes
> > missing, e.g. when the module is started (RMRun)

(RMLoad, actually. It doesn't have a wimp task so it doesn't need to
run...)

> > directly without setting the environment variables or reinitialised
> > after !AntiSpam has been moved.

> None were true in my case:

Somehow I knew you were going to say that... :-)

> AS had been running OK for at least 24 hours when suddenly it went
> bang. Nothing had been moved or re-initialised. It seems to have
> happened at the start of a run, as the log just shows ...

> 07 Mar 18:09:04 100 Starting run - first 1 box(es) only
> 07 Mar 18:09:04 100 Box 1: Avisoft
> Commencing at Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:09:04
> Rules file: <AntiSpam$Choices>.Rules
> Transport format: POPstar
> 07 Mar 18:09:04 040 No suitable block list zone at line 4080

Curious sequence of entries for one logfile. Do you have the same file
set as application log and mailbox log or did you merge those bits
manually?

It's very strange that this happened without any manual interference
from you. The module reads the info into memory when it's loaded or
reinitialised[1] and doesn't even use its Settings file after that.

> > RMKilling NSQ and relaunching AntiSpam should fix it,
> > because that would run the !Run file in !AntiSpam.Resources.!NSQ.

> That will help, but if it happens again, is there anything I could do to
> help diagnose why?

Difficult. NSQ doesn't do any logging (mainly because I didn't want to
slow it down). I could ask for the output of some of the diagnostic
commands, but I can already predict what they would show if it did
happen again. Still, maybe the result of the following sequence of
commands in a taskwindow could tell me something:

 *show nsq*
 *show antispam*
 *nsqcache -s
 *nsqcache -v
 *nsqcache -a
 *nsqcache -vd

If anything strange happened to NSQ's environment variables, the last
command probably wouldn't produce anything (it needs the file mentioned
in the NSQ$GTemplate variable).

Regards,
Frank

[1] With the command  nsqcache -c1 . Not something one would enter
    inadvertently...