[antispam-f] Re: 1.60a5 error No suitable block list zone

  • From: Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:30:06 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ec03ecad7antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4ec0123bcbfreelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4ec007e16fantispam@xxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> > AS had been running OK for at least 24 hours when suddenly it went
> > bang. Nothing had been moved or re-initialised. It seems to have
> > happened at the start of a run, as the log just shows ...

> > 07 Mar 18:09:04 100 Starting run - first 1 box(es) only
> > 07 Mar 18:09:04 100 Box 1: Avisoft
> > Commencing at Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:09:04
> > Rules file: <AntiSpam$Choices>.Rules
> > Transport format: POPstar
> > 07 Mar 18:09:04 040 No suitable block list zone at line 4080

> Curious sequence of entries for one logfile. Do you have the same file
> set as application log and mailbox log or did you merge those bits
> manually?

Not knowingly. I do have the mailbox log file set to AntiSpam - seemed
logical at the time. But I suppose if that is also used for the
Application log, they would be merged. <rummages in !Help> Silly me. I
have now changed the mailbox one to split them. Will probably look more
normal to you now!

> It's very strange that this happened without any manual interference
> from you. The module reads the info into memory when it's loaded or
> reinitialised[1] and doesn't even use its Settings file after that.

> > > RMKilling NSQ and relaunching AntiSpam should fix it,
> > > because that would run the !Run file in !AntiSpam.Resources.!NSQ.

> > That will help, but if it happens again, is there anything I could do
> > to help diagnose why?

> Difficult. NSQ doesn't do any logging (mainly because I didn't want to
> slow it down). I could ask for the output of some of the diagnostic
> commands, but I can already predict what they would show if it did
> happen again. Still, maybe the result of the following sequence of
> commands in a taskwindow could tell me something:

>  *show nsq*
>  *show antispam*
>  *nsqcache -s
>  *nsqcache -v
>  *nsqcache -a
>  *nsqcache -vd

> If anything strange happened to NSQ's environment variables, the last
> command probably wouldn't produce anything (it needs the file mentioned
> in the NSQ$GTemplate variable).

*IF* it ever happens again, I will do those commands and send the results
to you.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader