[analogorgans] Re: Rodgers analog sound

  • From: "Thomas W. Nelson" <twn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:19:31 -0400

Jean Moquin wrote:

>         The real fatherhood for this reverb hook up belongs to Charlie
>Strack who provided me with all his vast knowledge, experience and
>also...patience....

I don't have high-end speakers on my 660D (they're various Cambridge
Soundworks models) due to both budget and space constraints, but I'll
definitely confirm that the addition of reverb has made a huge
difference in the sound quality and enjoyment of the organ.  I now have
Behringer Virtualizers on all channels, which has allowed me to create a
very realistic soundfield in the rather modest 16'x24' room the organ
lives in.

>     Rodgers has published very complete and well conceived  technical
>manuals for most of their analog instruments...As far as I am concerned, the
>tech manual is as important as the machine itself...maybe this is
>instinctive after a whole carrrer in m.e.....

And for me, an E. E. working as a computer hardware and software
engineer for over 20 yrs, it's very relaxing to be able to work on the
well-documented analog design of my 660 without having to 'think
digital' after doing it all day :-).

-- Tom Nelson