[analogorgans] Re: Rodgers Specification 990

  • From: Jon Bayless <bayless@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:57:46 -0700

There is a power supply which provides a number of different voltages to various things (console lights, combination memory, keyers, oscilators, etc.) possibly the power connection to the keyers or oscilators is broken. Check for mouse droppings when you open up the back, they sometimes chew through wires or other parts. It's unlikely that enough parts would fail at the same time and leave the whole organ silent. It's more likely that something isn't connected. When you get the back off check that the cables going to the amps are plugged into the preamp (someone may have tripped on the cable and pulled them out). If there is a transposer on the organ try different settings on it, if you get sound when you transpose up or down, there is a failed part in the transposer circuit.

I have a few copies of pages of schematics that I got second or third hand so they are difficult to read. I would be happy to copy or scan them and send to you. One is a fold out about 2 foot square so it might cost a few dollars to copy. The schematics I have may not be any more helpful than the markings on the printed circuit boards. Rodgers prints the voltages and other useful information right on the boards. You may have to vacuum the dust off before you can read them!

Jon
Owner of Rodgers 660 (similar to 990)

Bernie Arcand wrote:

Walt,
I'm not familiar with the 990, but it has to be something in common with the entire system. If there are switches (pushbuttons) to select "Main" speakers and "Antiphonal" speakers, make sure they are not dirty or broken. Check them both.
Just a thought...perhaps not worth thinking.

Bernie in ND

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Scrivens" <walts@xxxxxxxx>