[analogorgans] Re: Fwd: Speakers/volume/tuning

  • From: "Owen Jones" <solovox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:24:37 +1000

Owen

http://theatreorgans.com/owenjones/

  _____

From: analogorgans-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:analogorgans-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Lewis
Sent: Sunday, 15 October 2006 12:52 PM
To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [analogorgans] Re: Fwd: Speakers/volume/tuning

Thanks, Owen, I think so too;Not a very good pic, tho, I have taken some
others but haven't downloaded them from my camera.I still have to knock out
some dents and polish the pipes a little and find some way to keep them from
vibrating at higher volumes.

[Owen ] Stuff some fibre bond (used in speaker boxes) down them; that should
solve the vibrating problem.

The pipes are held in place at the top by a finishing nail that slide into a
corresponding "U" that's soldered onto the pipe.On a pipe organ, the "nails"
are wood pegs.Why Johannus used this method, I don't know. It's not a good
method.I'm thinking maybe putting some pieces of real small diameter plastic
tubing on the nails might solve the problem.

[Owen ] Yes anything like that will help

                 Cheers,        Karen

Karen C. Lewis

Organist

Holy Cross Catholic Church