[amc] Sharing with Santa December 7th

  • From: Trinity Child Development Center <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mennonite church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lyndon rogers <lyndonrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:03:01 -0600

Happy Winter, everyone!
Despite the cold, icy weather, Sharing with Santa is happening for the 28th
time at Trinity Child Development Center tomorrow.  We'll be open for business
from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.   We'll have to adjust and have most/all of our
activities inside but we hope lots of  people will  attend to both warm our
hearts and help us raise the $6500 we need to complete our mission.
The CDC children will welcome everyone with a couple of songs at 10:15 and
Santa arrives at 10:30 a.m.  We will sing our Magic Penny song for him and then
he will sit in his special chair to accept unwrapped toys for Blue Santa, and
talk to individual children. Photos by parents are very welcome.   The Austin
Recorder Society and others will be playing music in the sanctuary while
everyone enjoys a free brunch, coffee and hot chocolate.
There will be the usual craft room for families to make ornaments and gifts
together, the Elf Room where those under 18 years of age will shop,  a
Marketplace for Adults with lots of kitchen and houseware items,  toys and
items too numerous to mention.  Children can have fun with the fishing booth,
various games of skill, and getting their   face painted.
Our Board and parents have been working diligently on a very  awesome Silent
Auction with over 50 gift cards from restaurants, and more from hotels, stores,
and services.  Here are a few of those:       2  SXSW Wristbands      Driskoll
Hotel      Renaissance Hotel      Embassy Suites Hotel     Z Tejas Grill
Amayas     Boneheads     Bartletts     Cheesecake Factory      Olive Garden
 Scholz Garten      Shoal Creek Nursery      Treehouse      Jerry's ArtaRama
  Oil Changes      Jumpstreet      Main Event      Bowling and Ice Skating
Lone Star Riverboat       Acupuncture and Yoga Lessons          MANY OTHERS!!!!!
            and over 100 really awesome  gift baskets and jewelry!!!!
Come and shop in this Silent Auction room between 10:30 and 12:30-- you will
get some great buys for you and family!  And all the while you'll  be
supporting a great cause.
Pizza will be sold  between 12 and 1 p.m.
Stop by anytime!
Many thanks to Susan, Bob Koehn, Ann, James, and a special Santa for signing up
to help us out.  Craig Headley, thank you for your offer of help -- if you're
here at the end of the event, we would love to help your help in getting
furniture back to where it belongs!!
And everyone -- spread the word.  Tell adults and children alike that this will
be a warm place to spend a couple of hours.  Our Santa focuses on the giving
part of Christmas, not the getting!!!

Gloria NeunaberDirector EmeritaTrinity Child Development Center 5801
Westminster DriveAustin, TX  78723512-928-2212