[amc] Re: Fw: Family In Need

  • From: Lee Lever <leelever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Craig Headley <craigheadley@xxxxxxxxx>, AustinMC freelists <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jada_tristan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jada_tristan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:41:44 -0600

Thanks, Craig Headley, for passing along this need to the church.
I talked with Case Manager Jada Tristan this morning about this family's needs.
 They will be moving into their new housing on Dec 19.  The other two children
are ages 5 and 17 months with a newborn expected in January.
The needs are pretty much as described below.  Ms. Tristan said kitchen
utensils, little around-the-house things.  Bathroom items - shower curtain,
etc.  She wasn't sure about baby things like bassinet, crib, etc.  I am sure
diapers would be helpful and other newborn items.
I will set up a big box at the church labelled "Austin Shelter for Women and
Children" and let's see if we can fill it with helpful items for this family.
We have two Sundays to bring items, Dec 8 and Dec 15.  The box can be delivered
the week of Dec 15 to the center.  Ms. Tristan said if there were extra items
that they could use them with other families.
Thanks for helping out!
Peace,
Lee Lever, PastorAustin Mennonite Church

Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:34:20 -0800
From: craigheadley@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amc] Fw: Family In Need
To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                            Jada N. Tristan
<jada_tristan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;

                             <ctosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;

                            Family In Need

                            Wed, Dec 4, 2013 5:47:18 PM

                                        Hello all,

I have a small family of three who will be transitioning into housing mid
December. The head of household is expecting a newborn boy in early January,
and they are in need of a few household items. Does anyone know of any
resources that may be able to donate items such as: bedding basics, linens,
bathroom items, basic kitchen appliances and utensils, a crib or bassinet,
newborn winter clothing, etc...? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you much,

Jada N. Tristan, BSW
Case Manager
Austin Shelter for Women and Children
4523 Tannehill Ln.
Austin, TX 78721
(512) 933-0600 x 105
(512) 674-0685 fax

“The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
 other use
of, or taking of any action in regards to this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be subject to
legal action.  If you receive such mail in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from all computers.”