[amc] Re: Education Committee meeting on Sunday, Aug. 16 between SS and worship

  • From: Dan & Judy Thiessen <jthiessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Charles and Ann Palmer <candapalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 22:14:17 -0500

From the Worship Committee ---
Starting in September, we will have a "children's church" time in place of the nursery during the worship service. This will only be on the first Sunday of the month with the regular nursery continuing on the other Sundays. We are very fortunate to have Kareem and Katherine volunteer to lead this with direction from the worship committee. We are implementing "children's church" as a response to feedback that we received from the Church/Sunday School time vote. Our goal is to provide a special, structured time for the young children that will be "church" for them. If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact a member of the worship committee.

Thanks,
Judy Thiessen
Laura Robertson
Carrie Bert

Hello all,
We would like to have a meeting of *those interested in SS classes* on Sunday, Aug. 16 between SS and worship in the front of the sanctuary. Right now we have a class for preschoolers, one for youth, and two classes for adults - an open forum and a sanctuary class. We would like to make two additions and need some suggestions. A suggestion has been made to add a class for the lower elementary children during SS and a children's worship during the morning service on the first Sunday of the month. Therefore, we need to discuss where to have these activities, who will lead them and what materials we will use. These additions may affect the open forum class during SS and the children's activities during worship. The blue room is now being used during SS for the open forum class; however, if we have elementary-age children, it would be logical for that group to meet where the open forum is meeting during SS. The pink room cannot be used by children on Sunday because the toys, etc. have to be sterilized after use. And we do not want to stay after church to sterilize anything! We may be able to open Annex I for use if the Hispanic Church is not using it. *Please come to the meeting next Sunday, Aug. 16 between SS and worship to help us decide how to made these additions to our Sunday activities*. *If you cannot come, let me know your suggestions. Nothing is set in stone!* Ann ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Friesen" <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 8:50 PM
Subject: [amc] Sanctuary class this week