[amc] 10/31 Sanctuary Sunday School class

  • From: Sarah Abraham <theshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:06:54 -0500

Hi all,

This coming Sunday, I will discuss Lev Tolstoy's life, in particular
his dedication to conscientious objection and pacifism and how his
activities and philosophies influenced later 20th century non-violent
resistance.  This material is similar to what I covered during the
National Assembly but in greater detail.  There is no particular
reading required, but if you want to get the general gist of Tolstoy's
philosophy condensed in a single book, I'd recommend reading "The
Kingdom of God is Within You."

--Sarah Abraham