[amayausers.com] Re: warranty

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:15:15 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/748.html#000008

"But I wonder if the warranty thing is handled the way it is because they don't
have long term confidence in their product."

I don't think thats a fair statement at all - if so, everything every company
sold would come with a lifetime warranty.  Warranty work and service/support
work costs companies money and a decision is made as to how long to warranty a
given product based on what is standard in the industry and what makes sense
for a company offering it.  You can search online how much it costs every time
a customer calls in about a product (it's a lot) as there's plenty of data on
that out there.  There is a tradeoff on what is reasonable and the cost of
support you build into the initial cost of the machine.  You could have an
unlimited warranty on something but you'd pay a ton more upfront.

I certainly do think a simplification of terms and a clearer statement both
verbally and in writing by melco is in order - as this subject seems to pop up
every 4-6 months here.  I just spent ten minutes tooling around the
melcousa.com site trying to find warranty information on the Amaya with no luck.