[amayausers.com] Re: warranty

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:14:56 UT

This message was posted by sschroed2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/748.html#000001

YUP! same thing happened to me.  I even sent copies of my sales contract
showing the I had a 5 yr warranty.  Melco said they could see how I
misunderstood but they don't have a 5 yr . Said it's like a car warranty,
bumper to bumper is only 2 yr and then told me that only the main things like
driveshaft, etc in a car were warrantied for 5 years.  I argued and told them
before I purchased my machine, I specifically ask and was specifically told
that it was a five years unlimited warranty.  Far as I was concerned there
wasn't any misunderstanding, but rather they were not standing behind their
product as stated.  Unfortunately I had a major failure when the issue came up.
 The best I could do was they gave me the parts at no cost and reduced my bill
for the tech to fix the machine.  A bargain in their eyes but not mine.

I was going to have an attorney look over everything, but then I incurred an
injury and felt guilty that I went so long without doing so and paid the
reduced bill.