[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaking

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:28:45 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/998.html#000002

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by Rod or Sharon:
Check bobbin tension... ----- I was having some thread breaks with one thread.
I checked the bobbin tension and it became unusually tighter than when I last
adjusted it.  I looked at the bobbin case and found there was all this
cardboard gunk in the crevices, especially under the tension plate (don't know
the technical name for it) where the thread passes through before going to the
pig tail. After cleaning the bobbin case and readjusting the tension, my thread
breaks reduced dramatically to where I was just getting error messages to
change the bobbin.

Speaking of the cardboard gunk.....Rod, I know Melco recommends Coats bobbins.
What are your opinions of using Rod, what are your thoughts on the Magna-Glide
bobbins.  I read there are mixed opinions of them on this board.  Also, I use
my Bernina L style metal bobbins wound with Madeira bobbin thread in my Amaya
XT with no problem.  Any problem with that?  There'd be no cardboard gunk issue.

P.S.---still enjoying "beginner's luck" with Madeira Rayon thread as high as
1,500 spm......

Thanks,
Ed