[amayausers] Re: small lettering on hats not working-help!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:39:19 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/24.html#000005

Here's what it has boiled down to...
the hats giving me the worst problem were Alpha FlexFit, solid structured high
brows-with a curved brim.
1) the hats were too stiff to 'seat' down on the hat hoop...so the 'face' would
bounce up and down. The CCF hat frame isn't the right one for this type of
hat-we're going to set up with the WACF and finish the job. I sent the file to
Herb (thanks for all your help Herb!)
and he tested it on his-worked fine.
2) the lettering density needed to be changed-pushed it up to 5, made sure of
no underlayment, and on the other hats it ran fine.
(unstructured low brow, medium structured, etc.)
3) auto density and shortstitch both turned off
So the problem boiled down to the HAT after everything else was fine tuned.
These high profile structured hats are pre formed and precurved-and the curve
does not match the hat hoop tube...so the 'face' is lifted off the needle plate
with the CCF frame.