[amayausers] Re: small lettering on hats not working-help!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:21:22 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/24.html

okay, I'm at my wits end here...
50 hats to do before 5 today, been at it since 8 am
and getting about 3 per hour done...not even a dozen yet.
I have stopped and changed the design for every single hat...
and can't get it right.
I'm down to the bottom line of lettering,
AUTO TRUCK & TRAILER
along the brim of the hat under the design.
This is sewing first to avoid rippling the hat.
All good hats, mostly light structured, stiff
tear away underneath-hooped tight in the CCF frame with
the clamp for holding the brim.
Micro Times CP
.3 height
4.2 density
110% comp
nothing else checked except min. width 8

I can't get it to go 2 letters without the thread breaking...
replaced needle 3 times, even went to different needle on the
machine. Same needle and thread work fine other places in the design.

Needle plate, removed and re aligned twice, pressor foot is just touching
but not pushing down much-any heavier and it breaks thread every 30 stitches,
any lighter it throws a false thread break.
Bobbin-checked it several times, replaced bobbin twice, tried magnetic bobbin
and no difference.

These are for a company party tonite...
HELP!!!!

Roland