[amayausers] Re: screen printer question

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:47:37 EDT

So....it means that you have to manually trace in vector format which is  why
I use someone else. There are programs out there to do auto tracing but I
kind of rank those along with the auto digitizing....they'll need cleaning  up.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 9/21/2005 8:19:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
IHSpecial@xxxxxxx writes:

I do screen printing. If you used your jpeg and saved that in eps format,  it
was still a bitmap - that doesn't turn it into vector art. Vector art has  to
be created in a program such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, etc.
Sometimes if a customer gives me a decent jpeg, I can use a trace program and
clean
it up a bit in order to use it. If you zoom in on your jpeg and see a  lot of
different shades, chances are the printer can't use it.

Lou (Ann)