[amayausers] Re: screen printer question

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:33:36 -0700

LuAnne,

Jeff Banks posted this last month on EPS.

EPS are not created equally. According to the EPS Gods, it is supposed to
be a universal type of format etc, except that each and every company that
makes software has its own way and version of EPS file it makes. An EPS file
is readable by any text editor such as note pad etc. Open a few of them in
Notepad and look at the lines of commands and code, you will see what I
mean.

So if the EPS you sent them was just a converted .jpg its not the art they are
looking for.  If the EPS you send was created in Illustrator or Corel it would
be in vector format and work for screening.  Usually if you can provide the
screener a .ai or .cdr file they work, or an EPS that was created in vector and
saved as eps.

Hope some of this makes sense :)

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn