[amayausers.com] Re: project progress

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:33:52 UT

This message was posted by FME540 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/519.html#000008

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by Knehmer:
 Well, I saw the progress through the first design.  I haven't rebooted but now
I've gone out of the OS itself and back in and loaded the design for 3
stitchings, so we'll see.  In between I did turn off the sleep feature on the
computer, could that have been it (I mean before I changed it to not go to
sleep)  ----- Knehmer,

The sleep mode on the computer may interfere with the communications to the
machine. That is probably the reason AOS was not monitoring the machine
correctly. Check your power settings on your computer and disable the sleep and
hibernate functionality. Then the computer won't shut down functions that are
critical for Amaya operation.

Ed's explaination of the sleep mode of the Amaya machine is correct. It just
powers down the motors and turns off the lights. The machine is still "on". I
don't think sleep mode will save any wear and tear on the machine.  During
normal operation when an Amaya machine is idle it will relax the motor circuits
and reduce power to the motors.

The red E-Stop button is probably best used for it's intended purpose, stopping
the machine in an emergency(fire, flood, eating a T-shirt, etc...). For many
years the E-Stop feature has been used more like a convenient reset button. The
problem is that the machine is not guaranteed to recover properly when the
button is released and may need to be restarted. Then if force download is
turned on you will loses your place in the design.

Best to leave "force download" turned off also. But that's another story.