[amayausers] Re: problems with hats

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:09:59 -0400

the problem isn't with bobbin thread showing up-its the sewn image itself
getting so tight it is drawing in-creating a bow tie out of an elongated
'bullet' or box design. As it gets to the center seam where there is
multiple layers of extra fabric, the threads get tighter and tighter-some
hats have an additional layer of soft cloth sewn on the inside BESIDES the
multi layer seam-makes it even worse! Almost as bad as trying to sew on a
foam front hat-yes, I had to try that to see what happened. Talk about
pucker! Some of the designs I've tried on the hats it got so bad that parts
of the design literally were pulled right into the fabric loft-on a
'cordoroy' type of fabric and were lost. On this 'bullet' in the design, or
rounded end box if you prefer-it actually sucks in a bowtie and goes from
1/2" height down to 1/4" height and back out again-from both top and bottom.
Roland