[amayausers] Re: problems with hats

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:28:18 -0400

--
Roland R. Irish III
Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324  fax  603-543-9902
www.sunrisegraphics.org
> From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ha! I found it! Went to the last job, added color breaks, and sent it to
Amaya to look for the tab.
Now, everything there is called something different-I'll list off what I see
and then you can tell me what's what! One problem I can see-lettering seems
to be easy, just break words apart-but the 'bullet'-I'll have to make
individual overlapping 'blocks' to be able to 'break' it for individual
settings?

 "Settings by Color", check the little box for
> "settings by color", this will now allow you to select each individual color
> in the design and set speed, column width, material thickness, run fill
> speed, etc., for the specific needle it is sewing on at the time.

In my settings by color box, I have the column with changeable values as
such:
Current color (I can figure that one out)
Max Speed (again, here I change it-slow for seam, etc.)
Column feed (?)
Fill/run feed (?)
Material feed (?)
Tail length
Trim type
the last 2 I seem to think are preset somewhere else-why would I change
them?
Are the 3 'feed' boxes in reality 'column width', 'material thickness', and
what is fill/run feed?
If they are the same-then why don't the darn programmers LABEL them the
same? I've seen similar mislabeling throughout the program-various functions
called by different terms when it should all be standardized....
at least what you have told me so far is making some sense...would be nice
if we could get an advanced digitizing class available-I've been after John
Dekovic to do so since last November! Still have a second 'training' class
available and want to use it! If I could get a week's worth of digitizing
class instead of machine maintainence and basic hooping probably all my
mistakes would have been covered...
Thanks