[amayausers] Re: problems with hats

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:24:36 -0600

Roland,

As far as the caps..there are several variables as to why you are experiencing the "bow tie effect" as you call it. First the design and all the little quirks they possess with in themselves, is it fill or column stitch, where is it located in the design? Are you adding extra underlay zig zag across the center seam and/or filling the seam area with a vertical up and down running stitch to help level out the playing field? How high is the problem part of the design being sewn in the sewing field and how high is it being sewn on the cap? Thread, needles, presser foot height, speed, style of cap, brand of cap, 270 vs standard cap frames, bobbin tensions, backings, hooping skills, meaning how loose or taut is the cap being hooped? Experience level, and I could go on.

Have you learned the art of using the "Settings by Color" tool in "Settings?" Helps tremendously on designs, especially lettering across the seams although you also must know how to install color breaks (as you have Design Shop Pro Plus and have indicated that you have accomplished some intricate work, this should be a given ) in the lettering and/or edit certain parts of the design to get the maximum benefit out of it.

Trust me man.......there just isn't a reason i can think of the any reason anyone could possiblly have in sewing a cap!!! ;-))

Rod

Embroidery Cottage
Rod & Sharon Springer
Melco Trained Amaya Tech/Trainer