[amayausers] maximum sew field

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:09:44 -0400

I have a customer who wants a logo put on a 5-foot x 5-foot flag. She wants
the logo to fill a ?large area? of the flag and claims that the company they
used before has done this for them before.  (That company is not in business
any more.) I have asked for a specific measurement and a photo of the
current flag. She would be satisfied with appliqué, which would allow me to
split up the logo more easily than if it was completely embroidered, but I
have seen the art and the individual objects are quite large. If I size the
logo based on fitting the largest single element to the maximum sewing field
on the Amaya, I can only get the full logo (in proportion) to 20? wide. This
would require at least three hoopings to accomplish. I am hoping that her
perception is wrong and that the logo isn?t really almost 5? wide. :-)

Are there commercial machines with a larger sewing field than the Amaya?
Does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to do this? It would be a
great job to do.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Buckle