[amayausers] Re: Using two instances of Amaya OS in a LAN environment

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:49:39 UT

This message was posted by Cathy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/9.html

Hello,

We have 6 Amaya machines, 3 networked through a hub to PC-A, 3 networked
through a hub to PC-B.  Each PC runs Amaya OS.  Each PC is also networked to
our company server, in order to get files from a server folder.

Problem: PC-A can run Amaya OS for all 6 machines, and PC-B can run Amaya OS
for all six machines BUT PC-A cannot run Amaya OS for 1-3 only, while PC-B runs
Amaya OS for 4-6 only.

Does anyone have any thoughts or work-arounds?

We are considering loading all design files to an ftp site, and connecting each
PC through a different ISP - essentially de-networking the two PC's from one
another - and downloading files from the internet rather than our LAN server.
But, I would rather not do this.  I would like to keep our network set up the
way it is.

Many thanks,

Cathy.