[amayausers] Re: madeira thread

  • From: B P <bob.purvis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:26:41 -0800

Wendy,
The 60 wt madeira cones fit OK on the tubes.  They are small
and about 3 inches long.

The problem I have is the outside  thread often slides down off of the spool
when not in use.  Then gets tangled during the next usage.  This is due to
machine vibration.
Haven't quite figured out a solution other than taping the cone
when not in use.

Other than that, the 60 wt with a 65/9 needle work great for
smaller designs and fonts.  Play with it before going to production.  I
typically have to increase the stitch density in
comparison to the 40 wt.

Hope this help.

Bob Purvis
Island Embroidery