[amayausers] Re: madeira thread

  • From: Dana Sandergaard <ramprinting@xxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:25:10 -0700

Wendy,

you can run the smaller cones on but you need to do one thing.

take a cardboard box and cut a circle out the size of the base of a 5000 meter
cone and then punch a hole the size of the thread tube in it and slide it down
over the tube so it sits on the white piece ontop.  This will keep the thread
from winding underneath the small cone and causing treadbreaks.  if you don't
it will wrap up tight inder the one and bring your machines to a stop.

Remember to push down the thread tube to about 1/2 inch above the top of the
small cone for proper feeding

hope this helps.

I only ever run 5000m but was in a pinch with a backorder of one color and had
to run a 1000m.  My amaya tech told me this was the only way to run it
successfully.  He also said that melco sells a piece for this but is very
costly compared to a piece of scrap cardboard

Dana @
Ram Printing & Promotions Inc.
& Threadworks custom embroidery
(780) 875-5073