[amayausers] Re: loose hoop screws

  • From: Douglas Parker <jtbembsvcinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:23:39 -0600

Hi Susan,

I have found over the last 3 years of running my Amaya that
routine hoop maintenance is as important as machine maintenance.
I check the mounting screws on my hoops (the ones that are mounted
with screws) once per month. More often on the hoops I used on a
regular basic. While it isn't often I find loose screws, it does
occur occasionally.

Another note, if you haven't done so, it might be a good idea to
change the hoop tightening screw on the 14.25"X11.75" (36cmX30cm)
hoop from the little round brass thumb screw to the larger style
used on the 17.25"X11.75" (44cmX30cm) hoops. MelcoMart sells these
replacement adjusting screw and with a little mechanical ability
with a drill, the conversion can be accomplished in about 30 minutes.
I have 6 of the 14.25"X11.75" hoops and have converted all of them
to the larger screw. It makes them much easier to adjust before and
after hooping a garment.

Regards,
Doug Parker
JTB Embroidery Services, Inc.