[amayausers] Re: fast frames

  • From: "A Golden Stitch /John and Mary Kyler/ www.agoldenstitch.com" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:30:10 -0700

If I understand you correctly....
You are putting the backing on the top of the frame?
What I do is stick it to the bottom and the sticky side facing up....
This might help you as you can see the frame from the top for the trace. and
only have to spray the stick to one side of the backing.....
Not sure if this will help... Also if the frame gets close to the needle
plate it can catch on the edge(frame and plate).
Many times this is prevented when the backing is on the bottom, if the item
is not too heavy.
And also keep in mind I'm pretty sure that JSI backing is available in
cutaway Hydro Stick if that is of interest let me know or get with Fred
Lebow on the list. I think you can get a sample of it to try... I got a
sample of their backings and I have been switching over all of my backing.
Although I don't care for the hydro stick ( I know that I'm one of very few
that don't like it), many people would never go with out it!.. As for the
backing, it is so much better than the other brands I have been buying....

John
A Golden Stitch