[amayausers] Re: cheap foamy veterans hats...

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:50:30 -0600

I think you'll be okay.  May want to practice first on one or two.  Put down
some double zig zag underlay to help cover the foam underneath (I'm assuming
it's white) and lower the density setting on the underlay from 25 to about
12.5 .  Density could be about a 3.5 and this is depending on what the
design looks like.  I think these might be easier than most hats because of
the "cheesy" bill board rectangular front.  Material thickness may have to
be increased a little to accommodate the spongy foam.  Otherwise it will
pull on the thread too much.  If there isn't much buckram backing behind the
foam, be sure to use one or two layers of tear away backing.  Again,
practice on one or two.
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery