[amayausers] Re: changing color needle

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:52:26 -0500

Ron...one thing I noticed (yeah, I'm always setting the wrong color or else
changing things on the go to test out different colors) is that I have to
tell the Amaya to 'go to the next color' to get to the original needle, and
then I advance the stitching with the > arrow before I change the needle
setting (if I am not resetting the whole design). If I go to change the
needle color by stopping the machine at the end of one color and it hasn't
started the next color yet, I think that what happens is...you set it to a
new needle, it 'finishes' where it is, then automatically goes to the NEXT
color (which is the original color) because what you have done is change the
needle it is ON, not the needle it is going TO...make sense? So I always use
the > advance stitch button to get 'into' the next color a couple of
stitches so that it realizes where I want to change colors.
Comes in handy when I am sewing out small proofs for a customer and want to
show different colors that could be used without having to restart the
design over and over.
Roland