[amayausers.com] Re: breaking needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 01:55:16 UT

This message was posted by Leighton on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/942.html

OK..so I am trying to sew MLB hats. Hats that I've always used for team sports.
For some reason, I am having difficulties. Needle breaks...I have made sure the
hats are secured tight, I'm not sewing too close to the bill, my needle is a
80/12, I did bottom center and the needle is smack in the middle. These hats
are structured and my backing is very stiff. Still needle breaks AND the
cardboard around the bobbin looks like it's getting eaten up by the needle.

Any suggestions/advise I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!