[amayausers.com] Re: another reason not to purchase a warranty

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:25:20 UT

This message was posted by mary o on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/687.html#000006

Thanks to everyone that helped me out with my problem.  Just an update on my
heli-coil problem.  After reading the tech bulletin stating that there should
be a free replacement of the helicoil and kit, I emailed and then called melco.
 They still insisted that it was a consumable part.  I asked why I did not
receive the tool to replace it when I purchased the machine like I received all
the other tools if it was a consumable part.  No reason was given except that
we did not receive ALL the tools.  I was told that purchasing a refurbished
machine is like buying a used car.  But a refurbished machine is supposed to be
"refurbished" unlike buying a car that is "as is".  I also mentioned to them
that obviously they had problems with the helicoil and x-carriage since they
developed the kit and also since they changed the design of the x-carriage to
prevent this problem.  They said this had nothing to do with my problem - that
they did not need to fix this problem when they refurbi
 shed the machine.  I asked why they replaced the thread sensor and one other
thing when they refurbished it but did not replace the x-carriage.  He told me
that I would not know if the thread sensor was replaced, but I do know just by
looking at it that it was the new sensor.  The end result was that I agreed
with myself and he agreed with himself and Melco.  Of course no reason was
given as to why there was a Melco bulletin telling tech support to send a free
heli-coil kit to anyone with this problem but I was told I needed to pay $110.
But they did end up sending me one at no cost.  Whew! I am happy this is over.
One suggestion to everyone with an older Big Red ....make sure that the thumbs
screw is going into the x-carriage perfectly straight when you put your WACF
driver on and that you do not tighten the thumb screws too tight into the
x-carriage.- mary