[amayausers.com] Re: Z axis error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:32:02 UT

This message was posted by Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz on AmayaUsers.com.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/909.html#000001

We upgraded to DS V9 and have a 2005 AMAYA Red purchased new and have kept it
under extended maintenance.  It is one of three AMAYA Reds that wwe have.  It
does the same thing yours is doing.  And, we too, can not find what is causing
this to happen, but it is only on the start up for the day unless we put it in
sleep mode or turn it off.

Based on your problem and ours, it has to be a software error.  We have had
Kevin Wasik look at the problem and he has tinkered with that AMAYA and can not
see anything hardware related.

Melco has said it might be mainboard version related because it is an original
mfg/assembled board.  And is probably a querk of an old board, but since yours
is a XT. Barb and I believe it is a software problem. Who knows?  Anyway, we
currently live with the problem.