[amayausers.com] Re: Windows 7

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:43:22 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/494/2.html#000022

Just a correction on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  The Amaya OS v9 on the CD
that I got from Melco DOES run in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit so you don't
have to don't have to upgrade your new computer or laptop to Windows 7 64-Bit
Professional or Ultimate.  Make sure you run Amaya OS in Vista compatibility
mode and as administrator.

However, Amaya OS v9 does not support wireless network connections for Windows
7, so I have to connect my laptop to my Network Access Point switch with a
wired connection.  On my previous laptop that I was using with Windows XP, it
was wireless.  I asked wireless connections for Windows 7 be put on the wish
list for future releases, but it is probably low on the priority list.

Cheers,
Ed "Kanga" Roux