[amayausers] Re: Trim Command

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 20:20:26 -0600

Thomas,

 The Melco Script puts a lot of distance between the first ( if it is upper
case) letter and then the rest of the name. So, usually you use some minus
spacing characters to move things together. I used .5" letters, used the
name Thomas, and moved the T closer to the h, using some of the < spacing
adjustments, and as the o does not connect to the m, used more < spacing to
pull the m and other letters closer to the o, then used .15" in the Trim
setting and it only trimmed between the first character (T) and the h...

 If you use a different name, or at different sizes, the setting may be
different.

 Part of the problem is it is hard to tell if you have the setting right as
you cannot see the trims unless you look at the Stitches TAB. This is why
sometimes it is just easier to use the Trim Command in the lettering
dialogue and manually put in the trims where you want them along with any
spacing needed to make the lettering look good.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems