[amayausers] Re: Trim Command

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 18:16:40 -0600

Thomas,

 I think .25 is what may have been recommended, and is the software default,
.025 is going trim between every letter.

There is no setting for "Trim only as necessary", I think you are referring
to the "When to Tie:" setting which has 2 choices, Always or Only When
Necessary and only effects Tie Stitches, not trimming?

 Recommended settings for Automatic Trims are going to depend on what you
want to do? You will want to use different settings and are going to vary
depending on alphabet used, letter size, distance between letters, whether
you want it to trim between every letter or just between words etc.

 If you are using a Script alphabet, I recommend to NOT use automatic
trimming, and use the Trim Command in the Lettering dialogue Window to put
trims in-between Capital letters and/or words where you may want them.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems