[amayausers.com] Re: Thread fraying and breaking problem

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:17:50 -0400

I would have to agree with Kushnerick. A 3" circle is 4800 stitches, 14,500 stitches in a 2.7 diameter design sounds like an awful lot. Even with a circle and the design going over it, I would say maybe double the stitch count to 10,000 (And even that is a little high.) Sounds to me like the design keeps sewing over itself several times so you have 4 or 5 colors overlapping which will cause thread breaks with the thread buildup. It will sometimes cause needles to break on thicker materials also.

Steve

From: "Kushnerick" <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Thread fraying and breaking problem
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:49:54 -0600

Jerry

I don't know the design you are working with but boy that sounds like an awful lot of stitches in a design that size and I suspect that excessive stitch count is what is causing your problems.

The design may have stitched out alright on pique but I suspect a design with that many stitches on material like pique will lead to some wild puckering down the road.

Perhaps the reason you are seeing more stitching problems on your 14 oz. fleece is that the material is adding additional stitching resistance to an already hard to stitch overly dense design.

One of the first things I learned about a quality embroidery design ..... it should flow with the garment, not bullet proof it.

One question ....... was this design auto-digitized ?

Bob