[amayausers] Re: Thread Feed Rollers

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <Jack@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:18:03 -0700

I find that I am more productive when I change the feed rollers just as soon
as the wax buildup line appears which is at about 150K - 200K stitches or
so. There is no groove in it yet but it does sew better. The groove usually
starts to appear at about the 300K range. But then again I quite often run
the machine @1300 spm. The manual says to use a soft cotton cloth and
alcohol to clean them. They should, in theory, be OK to put back in. I just
never have yet. If you used every needle equally and so had an honest
average you would be changing rollers every 250K stitches. It makes more
sense to drop the 4 million stitch reference and stress that operators
change whenever any needle reaches the 250K stitches mark.

Jack Fuller