[amayausers] Re: Thread Feed Rollers

  • From: "LiVawne G. Moore" <moore-embroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:16:40 -0600

I try to keep in touch with a few of the folks who man the service desk at
Melco.  I understand, after talking to them, that a new roller is currently
being Beta tested.  (I volunteered our system... But so far, no new
rollers.)  It is supposed to be MOORE robust and last longer.

Currently, the Thread Feed Rollers are on the 4,000,000 PM schedule for
inspection.  We typically change them all out when we change needles,
roughly about the 4,000,000 mark.  It's a pain, but that is what makes this
system so good.  Plus, if the rollers have cracks, they can literally push
the thread around the internal plastic gears and that takes forever to clean
that out!  So I highly recommend changing them out on a regular basis.
Melco has priced them very inexpensively for a consumable item so I keep
plenty in stock, just like needles and thread!

PS:  We have taken our system out on occasion, until we learned that those
rollers do not like humidity!  Which also translates into ANYTHING on the
roller.  I now keep a bottle of isopropyl alcohol next to the system and use
a rag dampened with the alcohol to clean the rollers before I install them
and if I have any feed problems.  The alcohol will help get rid of moisture
and/or oil in other situations as well.

Thanks!
Thomas E. Moore
Moore Embroidery & Designs