[amayausers] Thread Feed Rollers

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:05:54 -0500

First of all, thanks to the person who posted that you could take off the red
rollers to allow easier access to the thread feed rollers.  That was a life
saver tonite.  Had a problem with needle 1, so I looked at the thread feed
roller.  Sure enough, cuts and gouges.  So, I started down the line.  Out of
the first 12 needles, 11 had some or many cuts in them.  I assume any cut is
not a good cut.

Anyway, ordered more & just wanted to post the reminder that if you are having
thread break issues, don't forget to check this. ;)

Do other brand machines have consumable parts like these that wear out so
quickly?  Just wondering.  At about a buck a piece, they aren't braking the
bank, but it is a little bit of a pain!

One other thing, I noticed that the extra long tweezers that came with the
machine seem especially good at getting the rollers out.  In the past I was
trying to use the small screw driver to pop them out and was struggling.  The
big tweezers made quick work of the job!

- - - -
John Yaglenski
Chairman & CEO, Levelbest Communications
I: http://www.levelbest.com
P: 888.229.1779 / 301.591.2481

Levelbest Network Sites Include:

intercot.com / webdisney.com / intercotwest.com
urbanamaryland.com / mousehut.com / udflyers.com
levelbestembroidery.com